JOB TITLE: Material Handler
LOCATION: Louis Dreyfus Company
SUBMIT BY: July 31st , 2021
Louis Dreyfus Company Canada ULC has openings for a fulltime MATERIAL HANDLER at our Yorkton, SK, Canola Crushing Facility.
A Material Handler is responsible for receiving, unloading, distributing, loading, and otherwise handling all products that enter or leave the facility. This position is responsible for operating all equipment used for those activities in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with government regulations and company standards.
The primary responsibility of a Material Handler is to:
• Ensure compliance with Company safety rules.
• Operate assigned equipment, perform regular checks, and log inspections of equipment and immediately report any damage or other maintenance needs.
• Assist with Seed Receiving including grading activities as assigned and unloading trucks and railcars.
• Unload chemicals, other products, and equipment as needed within the facility and transport it to its assigned location.
• Receive shipments of parts and other supplies and transport items to their assigned location.
• Operate the locomotive(s) and switch railcars within the facility.
• Operate other Power Mobile Equipment (PME) including skid steers and front-end loaders.
• Load meal, oil, soap, distillate, screenings and any other products moving within or leaving the facility.
• Work in an organized, safe, and clean manner, ensuring work area is clean and free from all safety hazards.
• Responds to equipment issues or alarms investigates and initiates resolution. Conducts in process quality control tests, enters data into the electronic data system and operates the HMI in the plant.
Candidates must have a Grade 12 diploma or equivalent and possess a valid Canadian Work Permit. 4th/3rd Class Power Engineer or Rail Experience will be preferred.
Please submit resume to Richard Dawe at Richard.Dawe@LDC.com before July 31st , 2021.
Posting date: July 12th, 2019